Ultimate 4 Day Expedition - Channel Islands National Park
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
- Product code: PRYSFZ
Epic 4 Day Voyage Through the Channel Islands National Park and Marine Sanctuary
We are a guided owned and operated family company, we can't wait to share our passion with you!
Cruise through the Northern Channel Islands on an unforgettable adventure where you will kayak each day and hike and snorkel/dive at carefully selected locations in the National Park and Marine Sanctuary.. Land on remote white sand beaches, explore less-visited trails, kayak through the world’s largest sea caves, watch playful pinnipeds, and dive or snorkel in an underwater kelp forest wilderness.Come experience one of the most biologically diverse ecosystems in the world!
Early boarding on the VISION begins at 10am the day of your departure.Drop off your personal belongings and check in with the crew on your boarding day. If you arrive early enough, you can enjoy a day on the town in Santa Barbara or take out a complimentary kayak, paddle board, or surfboard from our sister company Paddle Sports Center for an hour. Enjoy a day at the beach, grab some food at a local restaurant, or take a stroll out onto the historic Stearns Wharf and get an ice cream cone!
Check-in and Boarding Buffet starts at 6:00pm with a mandatory orientation for all passengers starting at 7:00pm. This is where you'll get to know your crew and fellow passengers and we'll go over all of the mandatory safety information about the VISION and the expedition.
Plan A Itinerary (subject to change based on departure weather conditions):
- Day 1: San Miguel Island - the island of the Elephant Seals and White Sandy Beach. Kayak in the morning and hike the afternoon with a possible dive in the evening.
- Day 2: Santa Rosa Island - home of the oldest human remains in North America. Kayak in the morning and hike in the afternoon with a possible snorkel/dive in the evening.
- Day 3: Santa Cruz Island - the largest island off of the coast of California and the largest sea cave in the world. Kayak the caves in the morning and snorkel/dive in the afternoon in the kelp forests.
- Day 4: Anacapa Island - the smallest of the islands with the most sea caves. We paddle down the winding volcanic island as if it's an ocean river in the morning and then snorkel/dive in the longest protected kelp forest in California.
What’s Included aboard the VISION
- Private bunk in temperature controlled bunk room.
- Private showers and vanity sinks.
- 5 star galley services w/ beverage bar with locally sourced healthy meals provided each day.
- Evening presentations by the guides/naturalists about the Channel Islands.
- 15 foot support boat for island landings and cruises.
- Guides and naturalists for kayaking and hiking.
- Tandem or single person kayak w/ backrest, seat, and adjustable paddle
- 3mm farmer john wetsuit for kayaking
- Lifejacket (PFD) and Cave helmet
- Mask and snorkel and fins
- Free O2 dive tank refills for those who bring dive gear.
Trip Specific Information
- Minimum Age: 10 years old
- Begin Boarding: 5:30pm departure night.
- Boarding Buffet: 6:30pm on departure night.
- Return to Santa Barbara Landing by 5:00pm on the final day of your trip.